Generation gap is very natural to be into existence but at the same time can be very triggering for the current generation which is understandable( or more like it should be understood).
Since time is changing, humans have evolved and become more advanced and developed than ever before. This is what has created the generation gap.
Well, it’s only logical for this chasm to exist. Is it, however, friendly or worrying in today’s parent-child relationship?
Unfortunately, it has been observed to have a negative impact on the children’s relationships with their parents. Between the two generations, there are conflicting views, ideologies, customs, and practices. While the former believes in established methods of thinking, the later does not.
To build a strong tie of love and happiness in families, it is critical to overcome this gap. Only by bridging this chasm will we be able to appreciate the wonderful relationships that have been bestowed upon us.
EFFECT OF GENERTION GAP IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS
- Youth have developed modern methods of thinking and living as time has passed. These changes frequently do not match the parents’ views, thoughts, or expectations. They want their children to listen to their advise and follow their rules.
- Youth, on the other hand, is full of vitality and passion. They want to go around the globe. They develop a critical mindset. They refuse to believe in certain people regardless being taught to do so. They are willing to accept anything as long as it is backed up with strong reasoning and logic.
- A dispute arises as a result of the differing points of view. Parents believe their children do not respect or listen to them. Furthermore, children believe that their parents do not comprehend them. The parent-child relationship is strained as a result of these problems.
- Parents have a way of thinking that collide with the thinking and mentality of their children. If I want to explore myself and get some personal space to get my head clear, they will not understand. You know how important it is for you but your parents don’t consider it.
- Lets take an example which is literally the issue of so many teenagers even elders. We live in the modern world and we youth are familiar with the lgbtqai+ community. There are so many people, kids, teenagers who are a part of the community but are afraid of accepting themselves and coming out because of their parents. Because make no mistake, a lot of our parents still think about the society before their own wards.
- They know their parents will not accept them, will not support them. Because obviously males cannot let go of their masculinity and females should be as feminine and delicate as possible. If a girl is lifting heavy weights in the gym, “kya mardo jaise body banani h?” and if a boy shows his emotions,” ladki hai kya?”.
HOW CAN WE BRIDGE THIS GAP
- The age of majority can be crossed if both generations endeavour to acquire one other’s perspectives and beliefs. Parents should make an effort to have a positive attitude toward their children. They must value their creative concepts.
- In addition, the kids should spend time with their parents. Furthermore, they should share their opinions to their parents, and parents should take a moment to comprehend their children’s perspectives. Parents should also instil in their children the importance of following their parents’ instructions.
- Each generation should strive to recognize that neither is totally correct or incorrect. Both parents and children should have faith in one another. Individual diversity should be respected by parents, and youngsters should be nurtured with care as a result. In addition, the young must enable their parents to guide them and should seek guidance from them.
- Acceptance and understanding can transcend the gap between the two generations. Parents should talk with their children and cultivate a friendly relationship with them. They must also acknowledge the child’s efforts to discover his or her own identity. The child should also have faith in his parents and communicate any issues that arise during the process.
- Parents must pay attention to their children, grasp their perspectives, and offer important support. The child must also understand that his parents will always advise him in the best interests of the child. We can effectively bridge the Generation Gap if mutual trust, understanding, and acceptance are built between both parties.
ALL WE ASK OF YOU IS TO SIT, HOLD OUR HANDS, TALK TO US, COMMUNICATE WITH US, TELL US THAT IT IS OKAY TO MAKE MISTAKES AND YOU WILL HELP US RECTIFY THEM. TELL US THAT YOU ACCEPT THE PERSON WE ARE IRRESPECTIVE OF OUR GENDER, SEXUALITY OR WAY OF LIVING. TELL US YOU GOT OUR BACK!!
Also Read – SOCIAL ANXIETY